We had to drop Gingerbread at the sitters house tonight because we are leaving to NY in the morning for Shabbos. After we dropped him off we came back home to light Chanukah candles for the 5th night. Usually we light candles, say the bracha then play music and dance while Gingerbread tries to join in and paw EF. Well tonight was the first night without Gingy:( After we lit candles, Esther Frayda started crying, saying the she "missed him so so so much", she just couldn't stop crying. I could see it was a real cry and not just her being dramatic. It was painful for her, she said it feels the way it did before we got Gingerbread. I knew how special he was to her but tonight I really saw just how much of an impact he has on EF. He has helped her so much in ways I probably don't even realize. I felt so sad to see her hurt and upset. In between tears, she asked me to draw a picture of GIngerbread so she could take it with us to NY. The picture made her feel a little better. I just held her and let her cry, I told her I won't drop him off next time early and that also made her feel better. My beautiful girl, she is so filled with emotion and love. I'm very grateful for Gingerbread and what he has brought into our lives.

Yes, unfortunately, that is the best I could do. I know very sad indeed..
Mommy does her best! I love you, my sweet girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment