Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Mommy & Me Day:)

Esther and I spent the day together, just the two of us. She's not in playgroup for the rest of the summer, partially because of her fractured elbow but also because I didn't like the playgroup she was signed up for. So, I am trying to take advantage of this time we have together. Today we woke up late snuggling together (like we do every morning), then after breakfast we got ready and went to the Jewish Children's Museum. She had so much fun running around and looking at all the exhibits. She loved this one exhibit where you get to paint on a stone wall (of course my little artist loved this:), she also loved the Rambams exhibit because there was a stethoscope, so she was checking her heartbeat and then I asked her to check mine and she loved doing that.

now for some pictures (these are unedited but I wanted to post them because if I make them perfect then it will never happen)















(keep on reading for the sweetest thing anyone has ever done:)

After we left the museum, we picked up some sushi and went back home. I thought she would want to take a nap but didn't want to, which is no surprise! When we were out I bought her a package of dried strawberries that she saw in the store. She wanted to know what they were called, I said "candy" because they had sugar in them. She of course went crazy for them! After stuffing several in her mouth I told her I was going to put it away until after dinner. So, after dinner she reminded me (with her excellent memory!). She was waiting a long time for these puppies because she kept asking me about them.. Finally when I gave them to her she ran over and made a little spot on the coffee table/trunk and pulled up a little stool and sat down so happily with her bag. She took a while to open it, I think just savoring the feeling that she had the bag now in her possession. I just thought it was so cute and wanted to share in this moment with her, so I sat down on the coffee table and asked her for a candy. Well, what did my sweet little girl do? ... and I have to say this is the sweetest gesture, I think anyone has ever done but she got up and offered me her seat. She said "mommy sit" and had me sit in her very special seat. She offered me some candy and really enjoyed sharing with me. It may not seem like a big deal but it was such a selfless and loving thing for a little girl to do, giving up her special seat for her mommy. After a few minutes she did want her seat back but she walked over and grabbed one of her heavier wooden chairs and carried it over (using one arm and her splint) and had me sit on that so she could have her seat back. How thoughtful is that?! I am one lucky duck:)

Then she helped me in the kitchen. She watches everything I do in the kitchen. Now what she does is drag in her chair so she could reach the counter and basically tries to cook. She knows where everything is and even how to turn on the oven and burners. I of course need to keep her away from this and keep a very close eye on her. She doesn't understand that she is only 2 and cannot yet cook on her own..

Before we went to bed we read books together. Her favorite book right now is Thomas the Train or really its the little Engine that Could but she thinks its Thomas the Train. She was getting really silly before going to bed. She was sitting on my chest as I was ready and laughing...then she went to kiss me but instead licked my nose and was cracking up and giggling like there's no tomorrow! I kept on turning my head to avoid a big sloppy kiss and she thought this was so so funny but only made her want to catch me by holding my face still while she had her way!

What a perfect day to end it laughing and kissing my most favorite girl in the whole wide world!
Thank you Hashem

1 comment:

  1. your blogs make me feel full of love. It just warms my hear and soul I just to cry

    ReplyDelete