Friday, April 12, 2013

The cracked egg

Esther Frayda and I made a yummy spelt chocolate cake today for Melissa's birthday. As usual, I set her up with her own bowl and ingredients because she likes to do everything herself. I usually let her do everything except crack the egg but today she insisted, so I gave her the egg and she (without my help) cracked it on the side of the bowl and opened it up to a perfectly cracked egg! It may not seem like a big deal but that takes skill. She is only 3 years old but definitely knows her way around the kitchen and around the house for that matter. She cooks, cleans, does laundry.. my little home maker. My heart just fills up with so much love every time I look at her.

I've been making little notes about Esther Frayda everyday so now I  need to catch up and I got a special request from Grandpa to update the blog. Hope you're reading this Dad, we love you!





My little baby is strong willed, she hates her hair brushed. Sometimes she acquiesces and lets me brush her hair but most of the time she runs from me like the black plague. She runs from one end of the house to the other and usually ends up in the bedroom, slamming the door in my face. She gets a kick out of that.

Whenever she really wants something, she doesn't tell me she wants it, she says she "needs it". 

She likes to run free outside, which usually involves throwing off her jacket no matter how cold it is then she runs as fast as her little legs will take her.




Just like Grandma Francis, Esther Frayda loves her dress-up  makeup, peals and anything that is remotely feminine or "girly".. She usually does this late in the evening when she runs around the house in whatever getup she pulls out of the drawers. The last few nights she's been putting on her tutus.. but not just one tutu, last night she managed to put on 5 different tutus at one time.




I walked in on her last night with her 5 tutus pretending to light shabbos candle and praying to Hashem. It was very sweet. I can see she is very spiritual as I think most children naturally are. 
Pure Love


Esther Frayda talks about Grandpa, Nani, Auntie Brenna and Gizmo every day. We miss you guys so much! 
Sending all our love and hugs:)





1 comment:

  1. Hi Adina, thank you for updating Esther's latest adventures she looks so cute great pictures give her a great big hug and kiss Love Grandpa

    ReplyDelete